US Elections ~ Maryland
Directory of Maryland elections. Maryland candidates for Governor, state reps and Congress (Senators / House of Representatives). MD primary and election races. Voting info. Political parties. State election office.
Election, Primary & Caucus Dates:
Presidential Primary: April 28, 2020
Democrat Delegates: 79
Republican Delegates: 38
- - - - - - - - - -
Maryland Electoral Votes: 10
The Electoral College consists of 538 electors.
A majority of 270 electoral votes is required to elect the President.
2019 | On Your Ballot:
See all your 2019 Maryland Races, Court Judges & Ballot Measures: [ click here ].
(Type in your address, then click "Check My Races." This will show you everything you'll vote on.)
For eligibility & identification requirements, dates, deadlines, voting materials, contact info and more: [ click here ].
All important election dates & deadlines for voters: [ click here ].
Poll Opening & Closing Times:
In the state of Maryland, all polling places are open from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM Eastern Time.
Next State Constitutional Officer Elections in 2022.
Larry Hogan (R)
* Term-Limited in 2022.
Maryland Lieutenant Governor:
Boyd Rutherford (R)
(Governor & Lt. Governor candidates run together on tickets in the primary)
Maryland General Assembly:
Maryland has 47 State Senate members: 32 (Democrats), 15 (Republicans).
Length of term: 4 years.
House of Delegates
Maryland has 141 State House members: 98 (Democrats), 42 (Republicans), 1 (Vacant).
Length of term: 4 years
Terms are 6 years in length.
Each state has 2 US Senators. 2 US Senators x 50 States = 100 Total US Senators.
U.S. House Of Representatives:
Terms are 2 years in length.
Maryland has 8 Reps (Congressmen & Congresswomen) in the House.
Total number of Reps in the House = 435.
1st District Candidates:
2nd District Candidates:
3rd District Candidates:
4th District Candidates:
5th District Candidates:
6th District Candidates:
7th District Candidates:
8th District Candidates:
Maryland Election Office:
Maryland State Board of Elections
(Get voter registration & information. Polling places and times. Absentee voting. Ballot measures. District maps. Election FAQ.)
Find Your Home Town | Localized Maryland Election Information:
Find Your Home Town: Cities, Towns and County Directory
- GEORGIA District 6: Donnie Bolena (R) exits race vs Congresswoman Lucy McBath (D). District 7: Zahra Karinshak (D) enters the open seat congressional race. August 16, 2019
- NEW MEXICO District 3: Kyle Tisdel (D) enters the open seat congressional race. Harry Montoya (R) files FEC papers to run. Rob Apodaca (D) exits race. August 16, 2019
- NEW YORK District 19: Tony German (R) to run vs freshman Congressman Antonio Delgado (D). District 27: Rob Ortt (R) to run vs Congressman Chris Collins (R). August 16, 2019
- MARYLAND District 2: Johnny Ray Salling (R) to run vs Congressman Dutch Ruppersberger (D). August 16, 2019
- See All Election Races...
Calendar Of Events
- Mississippi - State Candidate Primary Runoff August 27, 2019
- North Carolina - District 3 and District 9 Special Elections September 10, 2019
- See More Events...
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do I Register To Vote?
- I Don't Know If I'm Already Registered To Vote. How Do I Find Out?
- I've Moved. Do I Need To Re-Register To Vote?
- What Are My State's Voter Laws & Registration Deadlines?
- Where Do I Go To Vote? (Polling Places)
- What Do I Need To Bring With Me When I Vote?
- How Do I Vote Absentee?
- What District Do I Live In?
- How Do I Contact My Elected Officials & Politicans To Make My Voice Heard?
- How Has My Elected Official Voted On Every Bill & Issue While In Office?
- Is My Elected Offical Telling The Truth OR Full Of Crap?
- What's The Difference Between a Primary, Caucus & Convention?