US Elections ~ Virginia
Directory of Virginia elections. Virginia candidates for Governor, state reps and Congress (Senators / House of Representatives). VA primary and election races. Voting info. Political parties. State election office.
Election, Primary & Caucus Dates:
State Primary: June 9, 2020
- - - - - - - - - -
Presidential Primary (D): March 3, 2020
Democrat Delegates: 124 (99 pledged, 25 super)
Presidential Primary (R): None
* All Republican delegates are expected to be allocated to President Trump.
Republican Delegates: 49
- - - - - - - - - -
Virginia Electoral Votes: 13
The Electoral College consists of 538 electors.
A majority of 270 electoral votes is required to elect the President.
NEED A DOCTOR? UNLIMITED TELEMEDICINE only $14.99 per month. Connect with a DOCTOR via smart phone, tablet, or computer 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. Nation's largest provider network. Signup now!
Take Control Of Your Identity & SECURE YOUR PRIVACY In 10 Easy Steps. Protect yourself from scam artists, big business & big brother right now. Read this while you can.
2020 | On Your Ballot:
See all your 2020 Virginia Races, Court Judges & Ballot Measures: [ click here ].
(Type in your address, then click "Check My Races." This will show you everything you'll vote on.)
For eligibility & identification requirements, dates, deadlines, voting materials, contact info and more: [ click here ].
All important election dates & deadlines for voters: [ click here ].
Poll Opening & Closing Times:
In the state of Virginia, all polls are open from 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM Eastern Time.
Next State Constitutional Officer Elections in 2021.
Ralph Northam (D)
* Term Limited in 2021.
Election Race Candidates:
Virginia Attorney General:
Mark Herring (D)
* Candidate for Governor in 2021.
Virginia General Assembly:
Virginia General Assembly
Virginia has 40 State Senate members: 19 (Democrats), 20 (Republicans), 1 (Vacant).
Length of term: 4 years.
House of Representatives
Virginia has 100 State House members: 48 (Democrats), 50 (Republicans), 2 (Vacant).
Length of term: 2 years.
Terms are 6 years in length.
Each state has 2 US Senators. 2 US Senators x 50 States = 100 Total US Senators.
US Senate Breakdown: 53 Republicans, 45 Democrats, 2 Independents.
US Senate Candidates:
U.S. House Of Representatives:
Terms are 2 years in length.
Virginia has 11 Reps (Congressmen & Congresswomen) in the House.
Total number of Reps in the House = 435.
US House Breakdown: 232 Democrats, 198 Republicans, 1 Independent, 4 Vacancies.
1st District Candidates:
2nd District Candidates:
3rd District Candidates:
4th District Candidates:
5th District Candidates:
7th District Candidates:
8th District Candidates:
9th District Candidates:
10th District Candidates:
11th District Candidates:
Virginia Election Office:
State Board of Elections
(Get voter registration & information. Polling places and times. Absentee voting. Ballot measures. District maps. Election FAQ.)
Virginia Political Parties:
Constitution Party of Virginia
Democratic Party of Virginia
Green Party of Virginia (Official GPUS Affiliate)
Independent Green Party of Virginia
Libertarian Party of Virginia
Republican Party of Virginia
Find Your Home Town | Localized Virginia Election Information:
Find Your Home Town: Cities, Towns and County Directory
Never Be Scared When Faced With A BULLY or VIOLENT ATTACKER Again. Discover the hand-to-hand fighting system so simple you can learn it in hours. Used by Tier 1 special forces units. Click here to learn more now.
- The Democratic National Committee has rescheduled the party's presidential convention in Milwaukee, WI to August 17-20. April 2, 2020
- ARIZONA District 1: Barbara McGuire (D) exited the race vs Congressman Tom O'Halleran (D); will instead run for her former State Senate seat. April 2, 2020
- NORTH CAROLINA District 11: Representative Mark Meadows (R) will resign from Congress on Monday afternoon to officially become White House chief of staff on Tuesday. March 26, 2020
- SOUTH CAROLINA District 1: Mike Covert (R) exits the race vs Congressman Joe Cunningham (D). District 2: Michael Bishop (R) to run vs Congressman Joe Wilson (R). March 26, 2020
- See All Election Races...
Calendar Of Events
- Wisconsin - Presidential Primary April 7, 2020
- Alaska - Presidential Primary (D) April 10, 2020
- Wyoming - Presidential Caucus (D) April 17, 2020
- Puerto Rico - Presidential Primary (D) April 26, 2020
- Maryland - District 7 Special Election April 28, 2020
- Ohio - State & Presidential Primaries April 28, 2020
- See More Events...
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do I Register To Vote?
- I Don't Know If I'm Already Registered To Vote. How Do I Find Out?
- I've Moved. Do I Need To Re-Register To Vote?
- What Are My State's Voter Laws & Registration Deadlines?
- Where Do I Go To Vote? (Polling Places)
- What Do I Need To Bring With Me When I Vote?
- How Do I Vote Absentee?
- What District Do I Live In?
- How Do I Contact My Elected Officials & Politicans To Make My Voice Heard?
- How Has My Elected Official Voted On Every Bill & Issue While In Office?
- Is My Elected Offical Telling The Truth OR Full Of Crap?
- What's The Difference Between a Primary, Caucus & Convention?